Saturday, June 1, 2013

Unbiological Families

Family is so diverse and so necessary! I was talking to a very close friend today who I generally refer to as my brother. I think of him as a brother and it helps keep people from asking if we're dating, so we've been "siblings" for years. This recently brought up an issue with a teacher who thought that I should be dating John (my "brother") since we are so close. The fact is, we've talked about that a lot. Everyone who knew us for a few years thought we would be perfect for each other. Neither of us is interested in dating the other and we both are aware of what a bad couple we would be, especially as parents.
As I was thinking of the whole unbiological family issue, I realized that we really crave those family ties. I've become very close to some of my home evening groups and have several friends I consider my family. Some of them I wish were my family and others I am fine with just claiming now. The point of this, though, is that we NEED family, whether they are related or not. So, find a family where you are and love them the way they deserve to be loved. You'll feel better with those close ties. I do!
Picture 1 is of my biological family and the others are all of friends who have become family after a lot of time  together.



No comments:

Post a Comment